Preventing Discrimination and Sexual Harassment Training
Preventing Sexual Harassment Training
Geography Covered: Americas | Duration: Various
This Preventing Sexual Harassment training course is intended to help train employees on the prevention of sexual harassment and discrimination in the workplace. This course is available in several different versions for both for managerial and non-managerial employees.
Dating back to the late 1800s, common law in the U.S. defined the employment relationship as "at will," meaning that employers were free to hire and fire at will. Employers could, for example, refuse to hire minorities, segregate the workforce, assign unpleasant work to women, and deny such groups opportunities for advancement. That's all changed. Federal laws now prohibit discrimination and sexual harassment in the workplace on the basis of age, sex, race, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, and genetic information, and some state and local laws protect even more characteristics.
The available versions for this course include:
- Preventing Discrimination and Harassment for Employees - Maine (US)
- Preventing Discrimination and Harassment for Employees (Australia)
- Preventing Discrimination and Harassment for Employees (Canada)
- Preventing Discrimination and Harassment for Employees (US)
- Preventing Discrimination and Harassment for Managers - California AB 1825 (US)
- Preventing Discrimination and Harassment for Managers - Connecticut (US)
- Preventing Discrimination and Harassment for Managers - Maine (US)
- Preventing Discrimination and Harassment for Managers (Canada)
- Preventing Discrimination and Harassment for Managers (US)
- Preventing Discrimination and Harassment for Clubs (Global)
Like all our courses, the Preventing Sexual Harassment training course is written by attorneys and powered by world-leading regulatory intelligence, which tracks more than 550 regulators and exchanges globally to ensure the course content is always up to date.
We employ instructional design techniques optimized for risk and compliance training, enabling your business to educate in a way that reduces risk and encourages compliant behavior.
As with all of our courses, Preventing Sexual Harassment training is driven by practical examples and interactive scenarios to ensure users truly understand and recognize the issues of most importance to your business and learn to instinctively act to support them.
Already a user?
Request a course trial
The Preventing Discrimination and Harassment training courses examine the types of discrimination in the workplace and conduct that creates a hostile work environment and is considered unlawful.
The Preventing Sexual Harassment in Athletics course explains the essential principles of sexual harassment in the athletic context and provides guidance to help coaches and other sports-related professionals recognize potential problems, deal with them appropriately, and satisfy their legal duties in the event of misconduct involving a minor.